Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Aloha: Credit card tips throwing off cash owed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AngrySpider

IS-IT--Management
May 7, 2005
US
I probably haven't attained enough information to make this post yet, but I am going to make a quick reference to it just in case.

I have a store that claims the tips credit card tips are not being deducted from the cash owed, and thus are throwing off the Cash owed report at the end of night. From what I have been told, at the end of the shift when a is turning in their money, the report is saying they owe X amount of dollars in sales, but is failing to deduct what they made in Credit card tips.

I have never been confronted with this problem before, so I am not sure if it's just some check box someone unchecked or what. Like most of us, I can't tell you how many times I get calls from Managers saying "It's not working" or some other complaint, only to go on location to see it for myself and find out it's doing exactly what it should be. So, I should stress, I have not been at the site to look at the issue with my own eyes just yet. But I figured I would try to get a jump on it.

Thanks in advance.

Kevin

Just a friendly reminder to all that I am an idiot.

If you recall, in a earlier post, I made a reference to Declaring Cash Tips in Aloha. In this post, I mentioned that I mentioned I screwed around with the Store Collects Tips check box. Well, this was the same store, and I forgot to uncheck it. It occured to when the manager later called back and said the Bartenders Cashed Owed was fine, it was just the Server's who were having a problem (at least my brain worked well enough to peg that as a job code problem, thankfully).

Hey, I wonder if I can give myself "Thank you" points for answering my own thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back