Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Aloha counting by categories (eg. # of beers sold) 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

m0dE

Vendor
May 8, 2009
CA
Hello my dear gurus,
I hope everyone's doing well.
Thanks to all your help, everything is now working fine.
I just want to add couple extras so aloha works with our it infastructure as well.
we're currently using access 2007 to handle all company databases.
We need to know exactly how many beers are sold each night.
On our check-out print slip, it shows the total dollar amount beer category sale, but is there any way to print out the number of items sold that's under beer category?

Thank you,

John

For this you'll have to use the Product Mix report on the back office computer. To my knowledge, there is no way to get a print out in this much detail on the front of house.

Go to Aloha Control, Log in, and go to Reports, Product Mix.
You can view the entire report for that day, or (if you have access) you can go to Settings and report on just the beer category you want to see, but high lighting only those categories.

You can even go so far as to create a non-sales category and include items that are from random categories that you'd like to see regularly, without printing or scrolling through 10 pages of reports each time.

This will give you the information you're looking for.

Confused on what you are trying to do:

Are you trying to export the data from aloha then import it into your application?

Are you looking to track this by employee (hence the checkout report)?

More specifics please.

I need employee to be able to print out # of beers sold on FOH, so she can compare it with actually # of beers in the coolers.

Sorry for not being specific enough.
Thank you,

and it'd be even better, if an employee can get # of beer sales during her shift only.

I did follow alohaakamai3's advice (Thank you)
and put all beers into beer category.
And I was able to produce report, except I can only do this BOH, and it does not separate between afternoon and evening shift.

Thanks again guys

Set up a "Performance Measure". Performance measures not only report from BOH but also print on the employee checkout.
[Maintenance][Labor][Performance Measures]
In the first field type in an unused number and click edit.
This will Start a new performance measure. Name the performance measure (bottle beers...). Choose you bottle beer catagory as the target category. (If you don't have a sales or non-sales category specific to just bottle beer you will have to create one) On the right select "straight sales" as the measure type. Save your work.
-Performance measures print on every order entry employee checkout by default.
-Stright Sale measure type sill print the units sold and the total dollars.

You can now operate a beer cooler or tub for a shift. As long as you know the starting count you can simply subtract the number sold from the checkout from the starting count and you will know how many should remain. Quick count gives you your + or -.

Hope that fills your needs.

sometimes, the count printed is not correct, and the employees have to re-open the check to make corrections. (voiding beers, etc)
however, I noticed that the employee can no longer open their check when after they do employee check out.
is there a way so employee can either:
1. re open check after checking out?
or
2. print report without having to check out?
thank you enormously.

John

To reopen the check after the employee has check out, you can delete their clock out and then reopen it.

I am not sure if a manager can do this without out the employee being clocked in, but you really don't want employees themselves having the ability to do this.

One last question,
I have a button that describes multiple quantity.
For exmample, [6 beers], or [double shot] buttons.
i set the multiplier value under item settings, but it makes no difference.
So if I sold 3 one beer, and 1 six beers, the checkout will say I sold 7 beers, when I actually sold 9.
Is there any way that I can apply multiple quantity on the checkout printout?

Thanks again,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back