Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Aloha Configuration Center for single site? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

JRNYC

IS-IT--Management
Feb 9, 2016
US
I have been hearing many things about Configuration Center and that "no one" uses Aloha Manager anymore.

My restaurant has an up to date install of Aloha TS v. 15.6.0, we have 8 terminals and we are a single site.

Is it worthwhile to look into getting Configuration Center? and could someone give me a round estimate of how much it general costs? We have 8 terminals on site.

Thank You!

The only reason to get CFC would be to log in from anywhere and do menu changes or run reports. CFC is best for multiple sites. Look into secure access or Command Center to also do remote access. Both are NCR products and will allow you to remote to FOH.

AlohaRoss
An Aloha POS 3rd Party support Solution company.
reddit : rossabout

We have secure access already. So we have the remote part covered. Was just curious because of the occasional post that I have seen that says the CFC is easier and possibly more powerful than AM.

But it makes sense to hear that its designed for multiple site businesses. Thanks for the info!

Are you on Aloha Manager or New Aloha Manager, which looks like CFC?

The benefit of CFC compared to NAM for a single site would be for offsite configuration updates. You don't have to be remoted into the machine to make changes to : items, menus, prices, routing, etc. When completing the external updates the store would have to make sure to close any open configuration centers, re-open and then preform a refresh to push the changes out. You can have the CFC installed on as many servers as you wish ie: laptop, home desktop etc as long as you have the cfc install code and installer which you can easily obtain. Things you can't do externally through cfc would be things like run reports, change employee punches etc as the desktop version isn't connected to the physical SQL database installed on the stores server. Inside the store the CFC client would be the instore client where as every other instance would be desktop clients. Like Ross said it is mainly used for multi site management but I have seen people use it so that their databases are managed by their reseller. It just depends on what kind of contracts or agreements your reseller would agree to at that point. Expanding to multi locations is the main benefit as you can manage 3 stores items, menus etc with only 1 change and a little coordination between stores knowing when to refresh. If you fully intend not to open another location New Aloha Manager is recommended but it all just depends on how you want to manage everything. There are people I see that should be on CFC and aren't and people I see on CFC that don't really have to be. It is all about what you want. I believe there is an initial setup cost as NCR hosts the database and I am sure there is a monthly cost to maintain the database. I wish I had a round about price to give you but your reseller would know for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back