Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Aloha: Change from Cashier to Server banking

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlohaWahini

Technical User
May 27, 2005
US
Can anyone tell what needs to be checked to change from cashier to server banking in Aloha 4.2. Remember that version? There are disorganized check boxes everywhere! LOL.

Thanks

I would assume that it would be similar to newer versions, but I try not to assume!! Here's my suggestion: Tell them about CISP compliancy, and let them know that they need to upgrade to 5.3 or run the risk of being fined. Hopefully you can upgrade them, set the job codes to be server banked, problem solved!

And if you can pull that one off, you are the man!!! Sorry I couldn't be more helpfull, I just don't have any experience with 4.2.

LOL. Have you forgotten how well some of these customers can hold out?

Customer doesn't want or see the need to upgrade...

AND

Uses a separate machine to processor credit cards. We have a few customers that do this, and CISP compliance is a non-issue for them. The close out a check to the appropriate tender, and never even swipe their card through the ALOHA system.

Nice try, though ;)

Geez, some of these clients drive me nuts!! It's like having someone call you up because they are having a problem with their windows 3.x. Then you have to tell them that it's out dated, no longer supported. They in turn get mad at you and tell you that your customer service is poor.

We could go on about customer service woes for hours!!!! (at least I could). But I agree with you, customers that just refuse to understand how things work, but get frustrated when changes (especially those involving money) need to made, then irrationally take it out on the dealer/service guy--drive me crazy!!

My least favorite one is probably the customer that is just bitter that they have to spend money, no matter what the circumstances, and takes it out on you. Hey, I don't like plunking $600 down to have my transmission fixed either, but life happens--don't take it out on me!

My latest incident was just last Friday. The power goes out in the customer's building, and one of his 6 year old Liberty computer doesn't come back on. Lights on front of the unit, but no video, no post, etc. Generally the sign of a bad motherboard, and no matter what it is, pretty much not worth fixing. I told them it was probably related to the power outage, but I couldn't say for sure. So his daughter, who manages the restaurant, tells me that "her dad was a little disappointed/frustrated that we didn't tell her that these should be on power conditioners." Actually, I think they were on power conditioners--but that's beside the point. That's like going back to the car dealer after you've been in an accident, and complaining to sales guy that he should have told you to buy a car with air bags.

Gimme a break. You got 6 years out a computer (that I didn't even sell you), the brand of which I've seen go bad in just over a year many times, it's covered in crud... what the hell are you complaining about? For the love of god, you got your use out of this... stop whinning, and just replace the thing.

Nothing like being the whipping boy :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back