Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Aloha-Cant install epson drivers on a radiant p1520 take over

Status
Not open for further replies.

jeffnLR

Technical User
Apr 8, 2012
US
Hey all.. I got a few radiant p1520s with xp embedded sp3 that have quickservice installed on them. I am trying to keep the OS intact and load tableservice on them but i need to install epson advanced print drivers in order to get a usb tm-t88iii to work with it. Is there maybe something that has been locked down that makes the install fail? First error was 1603 "language monitor" i enabled the print spooler service i believe to get passed that one. Then i got error 1722 "no RPC" so i enabled and started the RPC's in services. Now i am at Error code = 126. The specified module could not be found.
then
Error code = 1797. The printer driver is unknown.

I found where this happened to someone else here and per there instructions there, i dont have the srclient.dll in my system32 folder and the framedyn.dll is already in my system32/wbem

Anyone got a clue? and thanks!

Any chance the 1520's you have still have Watchguard still installed?

AlohaRoss
An Aloha POS 3rd Party support Solution company.
We answer when they don't
reddit : rossabout

Thank you Ross! I am not seeing Watchguard listed in add/remove programs or in my task manager processes..

I see SupportReady and Aloha Takeout in the add remove programs.. Didnt want to uninstall them until i was sure i could take over these machines.. havent bought them yet..

Thank you very much for helping :)

look in taskbar for watchguard shield. if its there you will always have issues.
AlohaRoss

There is no watchguard on here that i can see.. Nothing in the processes looks similar and there is nothing but my network icon in the taskbar.. Any other ideas?

Thanks again Ross!

And was there supposed to be something in that "spoiler" line?

not a fix for your situation but an easy workaround

Have you thought about putting a serial interface in your t88iii No driver necessary and I always found USB printers to be problematic in Aloha anyway. Serial cards for the t88's can be found for <$20 on ebay or usually just lying around in a cluttered POS repair shop :)

and... maybe not quite as easy and possibly another source of install issues the epson TM Virtual Port Driver lets you install a virtual serial port for a USB printer (I can't remember if it requires the USB driver though) The serial port card is really the easy way out.

It uses the Epson advanced printer driver to create a virtual serial port from usb

AlohaRoss

Thanks for the responses guys, im just going to use serial interface printers with these. Couldnt ever get the epson drivers to install..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back