Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Aloha/ can not open comport 3 status 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

tgrind

Technical User
Nov 26, 2008
US
I am having a printer problem not shore if its a hardware or software. The expo printer is not working. When you touch the screen to a terminal the terminal dos not give you the notice that the expo printer is off line it thinks it still there. In the mornings I go into change printer routs and change the expo to print to the grill .It dos not auto change to the grill for me like it should if it recognized the printer and new the printer had a problem..If I don't change the printer rout it will store the expo tickets thinking it has sent them. (I have my expo printer on plugged right now ) I have the expo cable plugged in to a USB the same one that it was working on. If I change it to one of the other ports and re boot it comes up with can not open printer on com port 3 status 1 . under printer cofigin back office it has to be on com port 3 0r it comes up with the same era massage I have tried all different configurations at both the terminal and in the office for some reason the terminal will only work when the expo printer is plugged into a USB and in the office I have expo on comport 03 The dealer in my area has lied to me and other aloha users in the area so many times I refuse to do any business with them. I have called radent to see if there is another dealer I can call but have not heard back. they told me about 6 months ago that I had to buy new terminal,s from them because they where not going to support the one's I have anymore .I have the 5.2.4 5 yr old.last time I had a terminal problem I needed to re lode window on the terminal .Because we can't get any of the disks that we purchased from them they said I need to re buy windows 2000. My opinion they re use the same one over and over and just charge the customer . This is just some of the problems I have had with

go to that terminal disable the print spool, may be it works

whent to spooling dont think it was ever on i did a stop spooling spooling inactive start spooling /no attempt to start service

Are these IBM SurePOS terminals?

There is a problem with com port configurations at the terminal. If you set Term1 com3 at the back office then it has to be on that at the terminal. Aloha does not see a com3 if you get an error message like that.

Bo

Remember,
If the women don't find you handsome,
they should at least find you handy.
(Red Green)

The com port could also be "in use" by another device, like a touch driver. Aloha needs exclusive access to it (even another Aloha printer assigned to use it will get you this error).

Generally speaking, the are three options-

1- The port is in use.
2- The port does not exist in the software on that unit.
3- The port does not physically exist or is damaged so that it more or less doesnt exist (seen this a few times after power outtages, where that port was smoked)

On my IBM SurePOS 532, my terminals use com 3 for the msr....that may be your issue...Try using either com 1 or com 2

I've seen this happen if there is more than one printer assigned to the same port. I would start there, just run through the listing under hardware.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back