Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Aloha Back office security level, please help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

tikky212

MIS
Oct 12, 2011
I'm trying to change some menus and prices which I always do all the time in Ahoha System version 5.3.32 ( I know it's very old but we can't afford to upgrade the program). Anyway my back office security level used to be able to do everything Edit, Add, Delete.

I use the same user name and password as always, but now I can't change anything in the system at all?

Do you have any idea how to fix this?

Thank you for your help

You should be able to use the Alt + x log in since you are on 5.3. Search this web site for alt x to find out how to log in.

Cheers,
Coorsman

Hi Coorsman,

Yes I tried but it didn't work.

I read from some post and think maybe the Alt + x is not available.
I looked in Aloha-bin and there is a file IBEREXE.DLL

Is that matter?

This is how I tried to log in.
Go to Login.

Before typing anything, press Alt-X.

4 sets of numbers appear.

Use whatever username you want, it doesn't matter.

Start with the number at the Top Left, Top Right, Bottom Left, and Bottom Right when typing in your 4 character password

Your password is the letter that corresponds to the last digit of the four numbers. 1=q, 2=w, 3=e, 4=r, etc. (the letter below the number on your keyboard).

No worries! I fixed this!

Thank you so much.

Have a nice day :)

Awesome, It's great that we never upgrade the system :)

I have a similiar issue never fixed on a 5.2.5.118 install. Somebody onsite broke the BOH some time ago. Even when logged in with super user level, you get an error anytime you try to change certain things (access levels, zap employee, etc.)
Any ideaa how this happened and how to fix it??

@ nfktech

Don't know what to suggest if the Super Secret password can't do everything. Maybe it is disabled? It is suppose to be for PCI compliance. We are really not suppose to talk about secret things here. You can find out a lot with a well formed google search and also with a search of this forum

I ran into a similar problem when we started using gift cards. The gift card module and the aloha gift certificate cannot co-exist on the system. I went in afterwards and recreated an administrators level with ALL priveleges turned on in preparation for our 6.5 upgrade that would disable the Super Secret password . After the upgrade I found that I could not change anyones access because my admin profile did not have any gift certificate permissions but all my lower access level people had gift certificate permissions. Aloha kept complaining that I did not have gift cert priveledges and I could not change anyone who had them.
I fixed it by disabling gift cards, re-enabling gift certificates and using one of my managers logins to give my security access gift cert. priveledges. I may have actually used the Super Secret password to do this at one of our stores that was on an older version by taking my seclvl.dbf and seclvldt.dbf files over to the older system. I can't remember exactly how I fixed it now:-( I do know that there was no way I could edit those files directly and get any changes to security levels to work.... I had to let the software do it.

If you ever mess around with any files make sure you make a backup of your data and your newdata folders or you could be very sorry.

@tikky212

I responded to you in the thread where you posted(about tax exempt)You should really put that ? in a new thread. Also, how did you fix your problem from this thread; unless the answer deals with Super Secret password stuff:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back