Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Aloha ApplyPayment Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

SJPS06

IS-IT--Management
Jul 31, 2007
US

We are having a weird problem where when we try to apply a payment via code (using ApplyPayment(....)) the payment is not getting a standard Auth Code it is getting a "Force" authorization code.

It appears we are sending the entire mag strip (which we have been told may be part of the problem), but how to we make sure it is.

I'm assuming the reason you are getting no response is because your problem is not clear.

"when we try to apply a payment via code (using ApplyPayment(....))"

What exactly does that mean?

I will clarify, thanks.

We are intercepting payments and doing some processing identifying and applying some discounts. Once we have done that processing we are sending the new data on for payment.

So for example, we have a button called Visa, but instead of it automatically sending the payment to Visa we have it calling our code. We apply a discount based on the users purchaes and then submit the new value along with the original payment information (magnetic strip info included) back to the payment processing system by calling the IBER Function ApplyPayment(.... represents the several paramaters we need to pass).

If need be I can clarify more, but I figure if anybody who would be able to answer this would be familiar with the ApplyPayment method(s) and know what I might need to look at.

Also, we have learned what appears to be happening is that the CC is being sent for Auth and the Auth is working correctly, but for some reason the Authorization Code being returned is being ignored by Aloha and it is making the payment look like a "Force".

Sorry in advance but I am confused.

Why are you intercepting credit card payments?
Are you a third party vendor that scans the credit card data looking for "members"? If you find "members" cards, do you apply a discount to the entire purchase and then send the reduced amount to the CC processor?

Do you have the legal authority to scan CC data? Not challenging you just curious because there is so much concern over CC data being stolen.

Yes we have authority, and we actually found and resolved the the problem.

Thanks you

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back