Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Aloha and windows 2000

Status
Not open for further replies.

raymisc

MIS
Apr 17, 2008
US
I have two questions regarding Aloha.
First, I am trying to run Aloha 5.2.7 client with Windows 2000. However, Aloha does not come back up after EOD. What would be the setting for Windows 2000 so Aloha will run automatically without manually starting everyday.
Second, currently, with this version of Aloha, expiration dates of credit cards are on the receipts. Where should I look in the setting in order for the system to stop printing the expiration dates?

#2 Maintenance > Store Settings > Credit Card > Voucher Printing > (check) Suppress Expiration Dates

#1 Perhaps someone else understands what you're asking, as for me, I need more clarity. Do you mean the terminals don't start each day, or the server? What messages are you getting on the screen? Is the EOD doing the grind O.K.? What are you having to do to get the system going each day?

Thanks for the respond. The credit card tip is a great help.

#1 This is a Windows 2000 computer running Aloha client. Everything is running fine. But whenever we refresh data or after the end of day event, the computer logoff by itself and stay in the login mode . We have to hit the "Enter" key to log back in to run the ibercfg.bat script. The computer is setup to autologon and is able to login when reboot. It just doesn't work at the End Of Day event. Thanks.

Check your ibercfg.bat file. You may want to make sure that SET REBOOTNT = TRUE.

I believe that will have your computer reboot at a refresh or EOD instead of log off.

Hope this helps,
Matt

zahead31 is correct. There are some older Aloha docs out there that had this mis-listed as NTREBOOT=TRUE which has screwed up more than one person. One of the older versions of termset for Win NT also had this same error.

Also, REBOOTNT=TRUE is used in along with AUTOEXIT=TRUE. AUTOEXIT instrcts Aloha to stop after refresh. REBOOTNT instructs Aloha to reboot when refreshed rather than only logging the user off of the OS.

Thank you everybody for the great help.

#1 I added SET REBOOTNE = TRUE in ibercfg.bat file. Since then, it is working.

#2 I have checked the store setting. With my version of Aloha, it does not give the option of masking the expiration dates just for credit card numbers only. I have looked other places to no avail. Is there anywhere else in the Aloha I might have missed?

Check the actual tenders (Maintenance > Payments > Tenders) and make sure "Print expiration date" is not checked.

Thanks for your reply, Mitchell.
I have already unchecked "Print expiration date" in the tenders. But the system is still printing the expiration date. At this point, I do not know what else I need to look for.

Maybe searching the Aloha.ini file would produce some results.

5.2.8 was the first version to have the option to suppress the expiration date under store settings. The setting on the tender key does not work.

Hi all, I am new to this. I just bought a Radiant System that is running Aloha from a friend of mine who runs a restaurant. The server is windows 2000 server and the terminal is Windows XP Embeded. When booting up the terminal I get a "looking for fileserver". I can ping the terminal from the server and vice versa. The serial is in back of the server which I think is the license. Can anyone tell me who to retify this problem?

The serial is in back of the server which I think is the license."

Is this a "HASP" device plugged into your parallel port? It could also be a USB dongle, red and the size of a small thumb drive. Aloha uses "HASP" devices by Aladin and they only come in parallel and USB, no serial. If the HASP is attached and being read correctly Aloha sill run normally on the fileserver. If it is not attached or working correctly you will get a "security key not found" error when you start Aloha or when the Aloha services start depending on how the system is configured. The only exception would be if the remote switch has been added to the Alohamgr stratup but that is not likely if this was a good friend the system came from...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back