Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Aloha and Internet Explorer X

Status
Not open for further replies.

JAG1972

Technical User
Apr 6, 2009
CA
Hello, could someone tell me what, if any effect Internet Explorer has on the EDC functions of Aloha POS. I saw another thread that suggested that IE6 is more compatible with Aloha than IE7 . I've had some mysterious issues with high speed CC transactions and I'm wondering if IE could be to blame.

Thanks,

-JAG1972

IE7 does mess with aloha. It will lock up aloha manager randomly and just other buggy things. I would unistall it.

You can also disable(IE7) it and give it a password. That is what have been doing and it has been working fine with EDC.

We have over 300 Chuck E. Cheese locations where the BOH is running on Windows XP Pro, IE7 and EDC 6.4.10 and have zero issues with IE7.

MegabyteCoffee.com

To answer the initial question, yes.

MS changed a bunch of the coding around and it screwed with Aloha big time. The larger customers like Chuck e Cheese stay on top of their updates and the latest versions. Those who have not upgraded from the versions they bought 2 plus years ago will see issues. Remove it and reinstall IE6 and that will fix your issues.

Bo

Remember,
If the women don't find you handsome,
they should at least find you handy.
(Red Green)

IE7 will work with versions of EDC lower than 6.4, but it can be flakey.

6.4 EDC is in general release and works fine. so ask you delaer to be upgraded if you're under software maintenance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back