Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Aloha and Button Pricing - Where is it kept?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rulother

Programmer
Aug 12, 2015
US
I am currently trying to figure where in Aloha, the folder/database, the item price can be found for when you set a button price for a PLU in a modifier group.

If you are item pricing items, they are found in the itm.dbf
If you are button pricing an item on a mod group, look in mod.dbf (as opposed to item or price level)
If you are button pricing an item on a submenu, use sub.dbf
If you are using price levels, then the price level prices are kept in pcpld.dbf
If you are using a price change to price an item or override the item price, then you will need to use pcid.dbf ( reference pc.dbf for which price change id is needed)

itm.dbf is the item database and contains the information regarding any new items you create
pcid.dbf is the price change items and their prices. If also references pc.dbf
pc.dbf is the price change database that has the ID, name, start and end dates of a price change
pcpld.dbf has the price level data for price changes.
sub.dbf is the submenu database that shows the submenu, item ID, location, and price if button priced.
mod.dbf is the modifier group database that shows the mod group, item ID, location, and price if button priced.

I looked in the mod.dbf file but the price is blank there and it's blank for all my items actually. We use CFC if that makes any difference here

Are you looking under %iberdir%/data/ and %iberdir%/newdata/? My test site uses no button pricing, nor item pricing, all my stuff is under price changes. The mod.dbf just shows 0 in place of the price for me. Nothing is blank.

I also use CFC and once it downloads all POS data, generates the dbf files under c:\aemexport, then copies those files to newdata, and a refresh copies newdata to data.

Yes, sorry I meant they are all 0's. We use a combination of price changes, price levels and button pricing. For this purpose we are testing out a new menu idea for one location, out of 29 locations. We would build the modifier group and place the PLUs and then reprice then depending on their current price.

I recommend Item pricing for regular items button pricing for mods so that you can easily implement a price change. Why are you looking for button pricing? Trying to figure out what each button is set at or something?

From your question I would think the itm.dbf for your item pricing and depending if you used a starter database or what there is probably generic pricing in there already.

What are you trying to accomplish?

Instead of building a mod group with PLU, why not just add the PLU look up to a submenu. Its would allow you to look up any plu. PLU prices have to be item or price level priced. Have you tried creating a test environment instead of a location. If unsure how to setup without a key, call me from toll free number on website and I can walk you through steps to build your own virtual Aloha environment. Very easy to do in Hyper-V.

AlohaRoss
3rd Party support

Problem is we have anywhere between 150 - 200 beers. I have them split among 5 mod groups, this is strictly to do a 5oz pour. The items were initially setup with an item price of say $5 and with a 5oz pour it is discounted to $2. Now due to the fact the original PLU's price is $5 I must set a button price of $2 when placing it in the mod group. I am simply looking for a way to locate the that new price of $2 within a dbf file or where ever it may be held. The reason for that is when we process our menus it pulls from SQL which pulls from a dbf file as well. I need to print out the pricing for the 5oz pours on these menus but I cannot locate the actual price for a modifier group item.

hi,
we recently changed our sales percentage tip sharing structure and was wondering if someone could help me change that percentage. seems like a very easy switch.
i couldnt find it on my own. id really appreciate the help. thanks

today if sales are 5000... 3% is pooled out for bartenders and bussers.. we want to change it to 5%

Juan

Also if that doesn't change it it is most likely set as an event.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back