Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Aloha and Barcode Discounts 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

FoeJilip

IS-IT--Management
Apr 2, 2015
US
Anyone here familiar with this? I figure my Bar code has to have some kind of prefix as the item numbers would in some cases be the same as the promo numbers.

I tried with a known promo that didn't have an item # counterpart, and get the error "The card number entered does not match any card type configured on the system" Same if the item number doesn't exist.

Any ideas? Looked through some user guides for Table and Quick service, no hints in there.

Currently using Aloha 6.7x with Aloha Manager, not CFC.

Thanks in advance!

Bar Code Range Values Group Box
Use the Bar Code Range Values group box to use bar codes with your promotions, specifically printed coupons, assists you with the lookup of the promotion, therefore, allowing you to apply the promotion to the guest check very quickly. Use bar code range values to establish a valid range of SKU numbers for the promotion. For example, you can set up a range of coupons with the same restrictions and reductions to apply to the check. The coupon must have a SKU number and bar code label and the lowest and highest values must have the same number of digits.

Required Options: To use bar code scanners, select ‘Use Bar Code Scanner’ in Maintenance > Hardware > Terminals > Readers tab, for the terminal with the scanner.

Related Options: When scanning promotions with a bar code reader, the system reads the SKU number in Maintenance > Menu > Items > Miscellaneous tab first, then the promotion SKU number.

---
SKU Numbers Group Box under the Miscellaneous tab
Use the SKU Numbers group box to associate a Stock Keeping Unit (SKU) number(s) for the selected item. You typically associate a SKU number with a product for inventory purposes.
Additional entries allow you to assign more than one SKU number to an item. The SKU number must be unique across all records.

I'm not sure I grasp this. I Have discount number 00809 its for $2 OFF. This coupon can be used on a multitude of items, for example lets say Item 6019 Stk & Lobster. I have to go to the misc tab of that item and put 00809 in the SKU box?

That doesn't seem to be a easy/logical workflow. What am I missing?

You need to put all eligible items into a non sales category, assign that category to the promo. the sku is the bar code for the promo not the items. They are already identified by the category.
under barcode values in the promo, the high and low end would be the same number as the barcode you are scanning to give discount.

AlohaRoss
3rd Party support

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back