Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Aloha Amex Settling Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

RogueTech

IS-IT--Management
Jun 5, 2011
US
When I try to settle the AMEX for an existing customer I'm getting "Invalid host response to end of file CTL". Ive done all the usual stuff but cannot figure out this solution???

A lot of different issues here. (assuming older version of Aloha and settling via modem, probably US Robotics?). EDC wants to communicate at 9600 baud which is what AMEX used to require. Their hardware changed awhile back and causes problem. That can also be from excessive phone line noise.
Options:

Try good quality filters on the phone lines. Be sure no other devices are active on that line.

Change modems. There is a Zoom modem that is still readily available that fixes this about every time if the correct init string was used. That would have to be custom created as none of the defaults in EDC will work. (I can put that together if I can't find it...)(if interested I can find the modem model number)

Your phone lines may be on digital switching stations. Try settling at a different time of day to avoid the issues these create.

Stop running Amex direct to Amex.

Any of these may work but your best bet is changing modems unless you want to throw in the towel and stop direct dial to Amex...

The Aloha version is 6.4 The Settling baud rate is 9600. The modem is a functional Zoom. I cannot get this firgured out. Kicking my butt.

Zoom 56K model 3049-00-00C Modem Init String
AT&F0\N0&K0%C0&C0L1S11=50S37=6+ms=v90,0

This Init string should work with most Zoom modems.

Thanks guys. This issue mysteriously fixed itself. Something fishy I think at the site that the MOD was not telling me with the phone line configuration in the office. They will still get a bill. Smiley face.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back