Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Aloha 6.7.72 Cash Drawer

Status
Not open for further replies.

TikiCyborg

Technical User
Jul 26, 2019
US
Hi, I am currently trying to get our cash drawers to open using the aloha system, and after hunting around, I figured out that I have 2 printer interface drawers. I have the appropriate splitter cable, but there are no "free" printer ports available in the aloha manager. All printer interfaces that are set up in the manager are spoken for with actual printers, and for whatever reason I can't seem to add more. There are more than enough open ports, physically(each terminal has 4). Software wise, I can't get a new printer set up so I can attach the cash drawers to them. Normally, with items I just use the "Copy range of..." function and I can add more. Am I missing a setting, do I need to do a setup run on the terminal itself? Any help would be much appreciated.

You can plug cash drawers into the back of a thermal printer and setup the cash drawer as a printer kick type. Each cash drawer will be #1 since it will only be 1 drawer per printer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back