Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Aloha 6.7.27 aloha logo 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlohaRoss

IS-IT--Management
May 8, 2009
TH
I did a fresh install of aloha 6.7.27. Strange issue with the Aloha logo. No matter what we call the logo, logo1 logo2 all in bmp format none over 20k in size. Copied to the BMP folder, on BOH and FOH and yet all we get is the Aloha logo and not the custom logo we want. Any ideas if there may be any .cfg or .ini file I may need to change.

AlohaRoss

Make sure you troubleshoot using bmp file you have seen work

If you switch from using a single logo.bmp you must delete logo.bmp from the BMP folder on the file server AND each terminal.  Deleting the file from the file server does not also remove the file from the terminals.

I would:
1)delete any file named logo.bmp or logoN.bmp from BOH and each terminal BMP folder then refresh
2)copy the logoN.bmp files back to the BOH BMP folder and refresh again

system environment variable

SET STOPLOGO=TRUE to disable the logo's floating motion (but should not stop logo from displaying)

You might look for any other "logo" environment variables. Issuing set>c:\list.txt from cmd prompt puts a list.txt file in the root of c drive containing all environment info. Some debout files also contain the environment

Store settings, user interface has some timeouts that effect screen saver and change the aloha.ini values

aloha.ini settings that control timing from my system:

FOHTIMEOUT=180
MGRTIMEOUT=30
BARTIMEOUT=180
;fast ring timeout in seconds I don't use fast ring, the following has no effect on logo appearance.
FRTIMEOUT=0

Other "timeout" values that appear in my aloha.ini and DO NOT effect the working of multiple floating logos
(mainly included to show some 0 values that have no effect)

POLETIMEOUT=60
PMSTIMEOUT=286
RALTIMEOUT=0
FOHHOOKTIMEOUT=0
TOKENEMPTYTIMEOUT=0
TOKENJAMMEDTIMEOUT=0
SCALETIMEOUTVALUE=5
FOHOPOSTIMEOUT=0

Thanks for the information.
I had already done the first steps mentioned but I figured it could not hurt to do it again.
Removed all logos from bmp folder, refreshed. Made new logo saved as logo.bmp and refreshed again.
And to my surprise, I have the correct floating logo.

SET STOPLOGO=TRUE is new to me. I have one restaurant who wanted a black screen so I created a black box that floats. I will have to give that a tray and see if it stops the aloha advertising at bottom of screen.

I have given you Star for the great answer

AlohaRoss

STOPLOGO is for terminals with limited graphics power, or where it would cause increased power drain, like handheld (battery-powered) terminals. It won't stop the contact info from showing up at the bottom of the screen. It's also not a great idea unless absolutely necessary, because it could cause screen burn-in (unless, like at the restaurant you mentioned, it's all-black).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back