Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Aloha 6.2 CtlSvr Disconneted Try to reconnect? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wrice81

Programmer
May 4, 2010
US
I have been looking all over the forum and i have check my services and its starting up fine and no system Event issues.

my ip and everything is set right and my key is stil plugged int and working its USB any info would be great.

Is your FOH still running? Is it only the aloha manager?

I know there is a bug with Aloha manager giving a false error when starting but I can't remember which version. Rebooting server usually fixes this for a while.

FOH works fine but i have restarted the BOH Server a few times and i still get the error everything works fine but, I guess more annoying then anything.

You can use the /remote switch to access aloha manager.

Create a shortcut to Alohamgr.exe on the desktop.

Right click on the shortcut then goto properties.

Go to the target section then you can add /remote on the end of the alohamgr.exe.

Alohamgr.exe /remote

This will allow you to make all changes without the ctrlsvr error but if you go into redundancy you will not have the option to take it out with the /remote on.

Upgrading to a later version should fix your problem.

How can i upgrade to a newer version how would i go about obtaining the cd's? we cannot afford support at this time hence while im on this thread 24/7.

Thanks for all the help.

What version numbers of 6.2 are you on. I'll see about getting a newer version for you.

Hey thanks for the reply sorry been real busy we are on 6.2.19

if you know the aloha account password for the server and terminals this program will work fine. If not I would find out before using this install program.

Download

After EOD <<<<<

Stop FOH - > Aloha manager - utilities - stop FOH

Delete trans.log from data folder on boh server.

run program

don't use the default local ser account for edc nd ctrl svr. put in the aloha user acct and password for them.

Don't forget to remove the /remote on shortcut to aloha manager.

Hey Coorsman i was about to implement this install when i noticed you wrote this.

Don't forget to remove the /remote on shortcut to aloha manager.

What does this mean exactly i want to make sure this system runs smoothly.

As stated in the previous post, you can get thru the ctrl error by adding the /remote to your startup icon, If you didn't do it no problem.

Hey Coorsman thanks for all the info but when i try and download this i get a dropbox 404 error any suggestions?

I'll load it back in there, I thought you already got the file.

Hey Coorsman i currently have 6.2.19 and it says expected 6.2.28 before 6.2.31

Ok, this one will work. Sorry bout that. Grabbed the wrong disk. I't will be on dropbox in a few.

Sorry coorsman i don't see where to download it. i tried the link again but its is a 404 again.

Awesome thanks coorsman works perfect lightning fast great job.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back