Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Aloha 6.2.18 "Printer Down, Terminal Down" on main screen

Status
Not open for further replies.

jsimoson

IS-IT--Management
Aug 8, 2012
US
Hi all,

We have several terminals we're no longer using and I want to get rid of the message the server gets when they clock in. The "Warning Errors have occurred. Please check" Then it lists the terminals and printers that are down. Where in Aloha manager is the setting to disable warnings on the screen?

Thanks in advance
J.

under Aloha Manager - maintenance - hardware - terminals
Select the terminal number/name then there is a tab order entry terminal. UnCheck that on each terminal you are not using.

That should fix the issue.

Cheers,
Coorsman

Thanks Coorsman, made the changes, gonna wait and let end of day happen instead of refreshing data. Appreciate it!

So I come in this morning and I'm getting a numterms error. Numterms 29 but 23 are defined. I remote into each station and change the iberconfig file to numterms=23 and each station comes back online but I still get the warnings saying certain terminals are down. <---- the ones that I unchecked in Aloha Manager Order Entry Terminal.

Any more ideas? What am I missing?

Thanks

Find the printers that are "down" (Maintenance > Hardware > Printers). You can either delete them or keep them in your database but set the terminal field to none. Aloha is looking for the printer. When it doesn't find the printer, it looks for the terminal that drives the printer. Then, if it doesn't see that terminal, you get your errors.

Thank you so much. I'm going to try that now and see what happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back