Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Aloha 53.19 Printing wrong information

Status
Not open for further replies.

gadang

IS-IT--Management
Jul 21, 2005
US
Hey,
I have a site that has been using the same install of Tableservice for 2 years. All of a sudden the line printers are printing cut off words and the printers started cutting the paper incorrectly. Nothing has changed as far as the database but it is having this problem.

An example is this: Brisket Platter(correct) Brisketatter is what is showing up on the cooks line printer. But it does not do it everytime. I have moved printers and terminals and I am still getting the same stuff....anyone?

Thanks!
Brian

That doesn't sound like a version issue. That version works well. Check the routing of that kitchen wire, make sure it is not strapped to electrical conduits or near heat sources that could have effected the cable. I have seen this once before and for me replacing a cable that was tied to conduits and ran by heat lamps fixed the issue. To trouble shoot, add a reciept printer to the group and see if it distorts the printing at the same time as the remote printer.

Bo

Kentucky phone support-
"Mash the Kentrol key and hit scape."

100 bucks on Bo's answer!! I've seen the same thing. If you have tried different terminals and printers then the only thing left is the data line or power issues.

Hey,
I am going with that also...I was hoping that someone has seen this before. I really appreciate you guys! You are always on the ball!

Brian

Another common source of this kind of problem is the printer's power supply. They have a tendency to "brown-out" which causes all sorts of problems, some of which are irreversible, by the way.
(On a side note, I've seen people use the TMU200 Power supplies on TM-T88's. Even though they work at first, they will destroy the printer after a while. Same kind of issue.)

So, I agree with Adam and Bo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back