Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Aloha 5.3.15 and Global

Status
Not open for further replies.

alohaakamai3

IS-IT--Management
Aug 11, 2006
US
I have a client wanting to switch to global and got setup sheet from them with the following info.

Merchant Name -
Merchant ID# -
Aloha Terminal ID# -
Platform - Global East
Bank ID Number -
Datawire ID (DID):

Someone told me to use FDC because there version doesn't have Global, but I don't know where this stuff goes and I've played around with it. Does anyone know what fields go where in EDC?

Which version of 5.x actually has Global as a setup option in EDC? (which the versions I had seen, I could only process over a modem)

HELP!

Aloha EDC only supports dialup authorization for Global Payments. In versions 3.4 to 5.3.21e, use the NDC processor. In version 5.3.21e and later, use Global Payments.

Thanks Cosgrove, you rock. So do any of Global Payment Systems on any versions of Aloha allow for internet auth, or is it dial up only (they actually told me they only do dial up when I called them, but that sounds so strange, I wondered whether or not the guy knew what he was talking about).

EDC only supports dial-up authentication for FDC, Maverick (Cardsystems), Global Payments (NDC), NOVA, and BA Merchant Services (NPC).

If clients need recommendations, I'd send them to Lynk or Paymentech. Most processors also offer referral bonuses for signing up new customers. Either of these processors will offer a solid platform for the client and a nice little bonus for you.

Gotcha, it's confusing because they give you a bunch of information like DID that you don't actually have to input.

Now, in the case of First Data, is that always setup as FDC, or could you use NDC for that as well?

There are actually several First Data branches, each use a different platform.

Format Processor:FD branch
CES - First Data North, FDMS North
FDC - First Data National, First Data Nashville
Nabanco - First Data South, FDMS South

And yes, your DID is worthless for Global platforms. It's probably just part of their POS setup template. What you need is:
Merchant ID#
Terminal#
Bank ID#
Authorization# (Dial-up number)
Settlement# (Dial-up number).

Wow, thanks for all that info. No wonder it's so confusing setting that up, I didn't know there were so many platforms for FDC.

So the one I am working with now says Global East, but swears we are supposed to be able to use the DID to process with Aloha via the Internet. Based on what you told me, I am guessing this can't be done because it's version 5.3.15.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back