Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Aloha 12.3 Local AM - How do I import data?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bricon_imported

Technical User
Oct 15, 2012
US
Hi all,

I am working on an Aloha lab, I have 12.3 installed with a local CFC (AM), and I need to import some live store data into it manually - I tried copying the newdata folder, but AM will not import for versions above 6.9 - Is there another way to get this done?

I had the same issue last week. I was told to uninstall AM, copy the data you want to use into newdata. Then reinstall AM and import data. I ran into trouble when it asked for password for use 1. It is supposed to reset to 111 as pw but mine did not. Good luck with yours

AlohaRoss
An Aloha POS 3rd Party support Solution company.
PM me on Reddit

Thanks - i think I just posted on your thread - When I try to install as custom it wants a .zbak file that I do not have - Did you do an all files and just point to newdata?

I think there was a post using a command line switch to reinitialize the DB.

Will let you know if I find a solution.

I've never had any issues importing. Only thing to be mindful of is if you downgrade database from 12.3 or higher and import DBFs you will lose any programing that was 12.3 specific.

After importing it will give you a list of errors similar to verify on old version. You can either fix errors and reimport or just take care of them in NAM.

I think tax groups are handled differently, a lot of store settings, item routing and skins. I usually only run into a few weird issues when I downgrade a database to 6.7 so I can edit DBFs and reimport. There's other store store and EDC settings that will not import in versions 14.1 and 15.1.

I got the .zbak loaded, but cannot log in with any of the users. I loaded SQL Management Studio to take a look at the SQL data and can see the users there, and in the .DBF file using DBFNavigator.

I tried forcing a password reset on one of the users by deleting the BOH password from the emp.dbf - Something that used to work fine with 6.X, but still cannot get in.

Not sure where to go from here.

Editing the DBfs will not change anything in NAM since it reads all of its data from the SQL database. All NAM does is create the DBFs for FOH. I usually just replace the password hash with one I know under the BOHPasswordHash field in the employee table using SSMS.

TekTip$777 =
$5$Ey5JTJFlnoM25ZRh$6Lh87YmCfczqqeb9vWnqpPwMhAdYVHs4vbbHncNKGP0

I will give that a try.

I am concerned that the .zbak file may have an issue though, as I just installed AM on a brand new lab, imported the zbak file and still cannot log in.

Verified that i have the same BOH Password Hash and that both the DBF and the SQL employee table both show a null value. Still stuck - Very frustrating!

try this, it was suggested to me when I had same issue

AeMInStoreDatabaseInstaller.exe /deleteonly
That will wipe current DB.
Then run AeMInStoreDatabaseInstaller.exe /installstandalone

then you will be offered to log in with user 1 password 111. Then import your data again. log back in with user 1 and check the rest of the emp list. Clear passwords for users and try again

AlohaRoss
An Aloha POS 3rd Party support Solution company.
PM me on Reddit

I think I am missing something here.
I did the AeMInStoreDatabaseInstaller.exe /deleteonly and AeMInStoreDatabaseInstaller.exe /installstandalone
I restarted as directed by the standalone dialog.
I logged in using 1 / 111 and reset the password for 1 to a new password.
I went into the menu and restored the DB

When the restore was complete I clicked Finish to close the dialog box, which closes AM
Re-launch AM and 1 no longer works, still cannot log in with any of the users.

BriCon,

Did you restore the database or did you import the database?

When you login after inserting the blank database in new aloha manager did you go to utilities>pos>run import?

It is 12.3 data in a .zbak file - If I try and import it just tells me I cannot import from Aloha 6.9 or newer.

Importing is for DBFs. To load a zback go to Utilities -> Aloha Manager -> Restore Database

You have to drop a ver.dbf from a 6.7 site into your data and new data and then you can import.

If you load your zbak you will inevitably be locked out again as with that backup you were locked out to begin with correct?

if you import you won't be locked out anymore. Just a friendly suggestion :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back