Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Allowing OWA through raptor 6.5

Status
Not open for further replies.

astull

MIS
Oct 16, 2002
US
I am trying to setup OWA, and I am having trouble setting up the firewall exactly how I want it.

The real problem is that our intranet is on the same machine as our mail server, which also happens to be where OWA is installed as well. I only want OWA to be seen externally and not our intranet. Is this something I can do with the firewall even though they are on the same machine? Or is this an IIS question?

More IIS than firewall. Generally it is better to run OWA on a separate server anyway. With IIS being so vulnerability prone, it is a good idea NOT to have your OWA on the mail server AND make OWA accessible from the public internet. Unfortunately, if you are running Exchange 2000, you need the enterprise version to have OWA on a separate server. If you have 5.5, you can do it with the standard version.

Hi you can try this ,Assign two ip address for that machine which is running OWA server and bind the owa to one particular ip address & the intranet to other IP . Then hand off the traffic to the ip where owa is listening .

When you assign multiple ip for a system belongs to same lan remove unneccarsy routings

What i have done and what you should do is:
if you have exchange 2000 or 2003:
Install on a new server exchange as a frontend server.
place it in a DMZ
install a server certificate (ssl)
enable webdev on the HTTPD
make sure you the (owa)server can contact the mailserver and the domaincontrollers: see url:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back