Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Allowing Multiple Records

Status
Not open for further replies.

cnice9

IS-IT--Management
Apr 29, 2003
US
I am using CR 9 and have a simple report that displays an individuals name and address formated for labels. For example:

Jim Jones
123 Main Street
Your Town, NJ 12345

Betty Crocker
234 Cooking way
My Town, NJ 23456

What I need is for a user to be able to select via a parameter the number of records printed for each individual. So For example if the user selects 2 as the "count" parameter the report needs to show:

Jim Jones
123 Main Street
Your Town, NJ 12345

Jim Jones
123 Main Street
Your Town, NJ 12345

Betty Crocker
234 Cooking way
My Town, NJ 23456

Betty Crocker
234 Cooking way
My Town, NJ 23456

Any assistance is greatly appreciated, Thanks

C.Nice
RealTime Information Technology Inc.

Crystal doesn't fabricate data, so this is a bit complicated.

One way to cheat this might be to create multiple sections with the same address information and create section suppression based on the parameter value.

-k

Althought I was hoping for a cleaner option, I understand and appreciate your reply. However I currently have the lable formated as:

detalis a: name
details b: address
details c address 2 (suppresed if blank)
details d {@city state Zip}

if I insert section below in order to suppress based on the param "count" I get repeted data as follows:

detalis a: name
details b: name
details c: address
Details d: address
and so on - what i need to be able to suppress via a param and retain the lable formating is as follows:

details a: name
details b: address
details C: address 2
details d: {city state zip)

details a1: name
details b1: address
details c1: address 2
details d1: {city state zip}

I am sure I am missing the obviouse and appreciate any replys

C.Nice
RealTime Information Technology Inc.

Instead of using a different details section for each line of the address, you could place the address fields in a text box with returns after each line, and then right click on the text box->format text->common->check "suppress embedded field blank lines."

Then you can select and copy the text box into repeated detail sections and then add suppression formulas to the details sections of the section expert, e.g.:

//for the third detail section, you could suppress the detail_c with:

{?#copies} < 3

-LB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back