Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Allowing control behind a userform 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

AcousticalConsultant

Technical User
Sep 20, 2001
CA
Hello,

I am trying to make an interactive macro where the user is able to select cells while a userform is prompting him to do so. Similar to the way that Excel allows you to create a graph. When entering data, you can click and drag your mouse over the desired region and the formula will automatically appear in the corresponding textbox.

When I load a userform, I am not able to access the spreadsheet behind it. Is there a way to allow for access to both?

Thanks!

straight from the VBA help:
Set myCell = Application.InputBox( _
prompt:="Select a cell", Type:=8)

Hope This Helps, PH.
Want to get great answers to your Tek-Tips questions? Have a look at FAQ219-2884 or FAQ181-2886

You could also try setting the userform as ShowModal = False. That way you can access the entire application behind the userform. Not just the things explicitly run by instruction - eg. myCell = Application.InputBox( _
prompt:="Select a cell", Type:=8).

You have full access to both the application, and the userform.

Gerry

You can also use refedit control on modal userform.
You have to add it to the control toolbox first. To do it:
1. find refedit.dll file (in office xp it is in Program Files\Microsoft Office\office10 folder,
The rest in Visual Basic Editor:
2. add reference to this file, use 'Browse..' button to locate the file,
3. add userform or open a file with userform, activate it, to enable display toolbox,
4. right-click the toolbox' multipage area, to add controls, find RefEdit.Ctl in the list and mark it, accept.

You should get a new control in the toolbox, used on the userform works similarly to the built-in one for picking range.

combo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back