Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

AllowByPassKey problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

acctsys10

Programmer
Jun 8, 2004
US
I have a database that I have set the AllowByPassKey property to False. The problem I am having is that if I go to open the database and I hold the shift key down, the default toolbar is displayed as long as I continue to hold down the shift key. This allows a user to access the startup menu and turn all of these options back on that I have disabled. Is this normal or do I have some settings that need to be altered to stop this from happening. I also notice that opening the database by double-clicking on the filename that the default toolbar loads first and shows for just about a second before disappearing, this also allows the user to grab the "Tools" menu if they are quick enough and reset the startups. Is this unavoidable?

If you want to hide the toolbars then use:
DoCmd.ShowToolbar "Name of Toolbar", acToolbarNo

To show them:
DoCmd.ShowToolbar "Name of Toolbar", acToolbarYes

put this in on open

Also if you want to hide the database window:
DoCmd.RunCommand acCmdWindowHide

but you might have to disable the F11 key.

I am already hiding the toolbars and database windows once the database is loaded. My problem seems to be in the short time frame where MSAccess.exe starts up and where the database.mdb file itself loads. It's that brief window where the default toolbar appears. It also stays up if the Shift key is held down on opening.

Acct

I had a similar problem there is an excellent post, which hide EVERYTHING the use can't get to anything a problem if you use the toolbars but I didn't have a look at

faq705-2562

hope this helps

Phil

That code looks to be just what the doctor ordered. Thanks a bunch for the help. I have asked that you get a star for that assist. :>)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back