Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Allow user_def_fld_5 to be edited in OE

Status
Not open for further replies.

prog_0927

Programmer
Jan 3, 2022
US
I am using Progressive 7.9.310 and we are trying to add user_def_fld_5 to the page 2 of the OE form and allow it to be edited (for automation and reporting purposes). I have successfully added it to the form and have selected every option I could find but each time it shows that it cannot be edited. We only want this ability for a few of our users, I think a global change would cause a lot of confusion on what it is needed for. I have checked and unchecked User Required, User can hide, User can disable. Is there somewhere else that I need to edit to allow this to be edited? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Progression, not Progressive.

Just to be clear, which user_def_fld_5 do you want there? There are user_def_fld_5 fields in the Item, Item Location, Order Header, Order Line and Customer tables.

On limitation is the number of controls on the OE form is pretty much maxed out. 255 or 256 is the limit and we are right there.

Do you own Flexibility, aka VBA for Macola?

Macola Software Veteran and SAP Business One Consultant on Training Wheels

Check out our Macola tools:

EDIT: I also cannot get the user_def_fld_5 to be editable UNLESS you use Flexibility. I can arrange a demo if you are interested.

Thanks for the reply, new to this whole thing, my fault. We do not own Flexibility. I am trying to add it from the OEORDLIN. I was able to add the button "user def" and it does show user_def_fld_1-5 as a pop-up; I am not certain though which table it is referencing? If it is the OEORDLIN, where can I modify that pop-up to only show the user_def_fld_5?

Yes, it is OEORDLIN. You'll have to go to System Manager->Maintain->Designer to change that screen. You also must be logged in as SUPERVISOR. I do not know that screen name off of the top of my head, but if you right click any of the form - NOT in one of the fields - it will display the screen name.

Thank you very much for the quick response, checking it out now.

I thought you couldn't directly use this field on the Order Entry window. I thought you had to use the OE Order Line User Defined Fields Push Button, due to a Cobol control limitation.

Correct, you have to use the push button. Prog_0927's question was how to modify this screen to show only user_def_fld_5 and not all 5 of them.

Thank you all for the help on this! I was able to find it, it is called: OESHPUDF User Defined Fields and I was able to Hide all but the def_5 and can now put on another form.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back