Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Allow User only local Mails

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sunseeker

IS-IT--Management
Jun 26, 2002
DE
Hi Group!

How can I configure Exchange, that a single user can't send or receive e-Mails from external sources?
The user should only send and receive local mails...

thx in advance!

Sun

To block users from receiving mail, create a second "bogus" domain on your Recipient Policy. Then, on all the users you want to block from receiving, remove their original "real" SMTP address, and replace it with the fake one.
To block outgoing, you'll need to set up an SMTP Connector, using * as your default domain. Then add in your restricted users under Delivery permissions. Lastly, do the registry edit in this article to make it take effect...

I have set this up as well it works, but u have to add another line in the registry for it to work.

But I have a question that is related to this. I have 2 exchange servers one internal and external. My internal is located in my current location and the external is located at another location. Now if I change the stmp email address on the clients to my external address on my internal exchange. Does that mean that users that mail internally will use my internal exchange and for external they will use my external exchange server?

Thks
Chris

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back