Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Allow Redirection 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

techwill

Technical User
Jun 5, 2002
US
I have a MICS 6.0 and I am trying to program redirection. The telephone I am trying to setup has 1 target line assigned as ring only, 2 I/C, Prime line I/C,Line Pool PRI-A. I have allowed redirection in set capabilities and I am try to program the feature 84 on the set. Can anyone help. Please.

I should tell you what I am trying to accomplish. User would like to foward his did # when he is out of the office to his cell-phone. Hope this helps.

Why don't you just forward the phone to his cell using Feature 4 then 9 and his cell number?

Works fantastic and very easy for the client to use. Thanks

I have been trying to use the Feature 4 9,*number* for a help desk CCR tree our internal folks call but it keeps giving me Invalid Number when I dial the 9 for the outside line. Is there a deeper programing setting I need to change to allow outside forwarding? My system version number is 30meF02. Thanks

Bower

"a help desk CCR tree our internal folks call" - I don't know what this means but your system is a MICS 3.0 and external call forwarding is not available on that software release.

Ahh ok. It's a v3.0 problem. What I ment by the CCR tree is our tech support office uses a tree to route calls to the correct technican. This works for all our facilites but the home office tech support is located in. Whenever a home office user calls, they use the extension which bypasses the CCR tree. I was going to use external forwarding to route the call out of the office and back in to have the CCR tree pick it up. I'll think of somthing else though. Thanks.

Bower

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back