Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Allow a database to leave the EM client status

alrmd

Programmer
Aug 19, 2013
MX
We have a database with EM client, but we want to install a new Micros 3700 4.9 version in a new Windows Xp sp3 pc, and use all the information on that database with EM client, like revenue center, time periods, touchsreens, etc. But we are going to use it separate of EM Server, and as is a EM client, we cant add, for instance, new Menu Items, becase the database is configured to receive EM packages.
Is there a way to detach the database from the EM Server, so that it behaves as a separate entity ?
I remember that we make it (i do not know if the database or the micros installation) EM client, installing a program called StoreSetup.exe. Something to reverse the StoreSetup.exe instalation.
Any help is wellcome.
Thank in advence.

try the following scripts to see if it works. copy each line then use the commit and then go to the next line. The value under store_type
are the following (T = EM store, R = stand alone Restaurant, C = Corporate)

1) Update micros.em_status set store_type = R

commit;

2) Update micros.Ts_scrn_def set ob_em_store_managed = 'T'

commit;

3) Update ts_key_def set ob_geometry_locked = 'F'

commit;

4) Update ts_key_def set ob_attribute_locked = 'F'

commit;

of you can always run the storesetup.exe and select to set store as unmanaged but that usually will clear all totals if i remember correctly.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back