Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

allow 13 stations to answer 1 extension

Status
Not open for further replies.

rcrow490

MIS
Dec 16, 2004
US
Please help me solve a problem.
I have a menu which times out to an extension. I want to give 13 stations the ability to answer that call. I had built abridged call appearances on each phone for that extension, but once the first call comes in, a second call can't be received. A coverage answer group is what I need, but it only allows 8 members. I tried a hunt group, but I can't make it ring all the phones simultaneously. Any suggestions?

I noticed that you typed abridge. I would make the time out extension a X port digital station. This way you can place regular bridges for button 1 and button 2 etc.

I beleve this will help
ED

1a2 to ip I seen it all

Remember that if you only have call appearance 1 bridged to your 13 stations, then you can only have 1 inbound active call. You need as many bridged appearances as you want simultaneous inbound, answered calls.

Susan
"'I wish life was not so short,' he thought. 'Languages take such a time, and so do all the things one wants to know about.'"
- J. R. R. Tolkien, The Lost Road

Thanks guys,

I didn't want to believe that was my only solution.

You could always set up a coverage answer group. Though that only lets you put 8 people in a group.

Of course you can chain coverage paths so that should allow you to do it in phases.

What about creating two cover-answer groups (7 stations in the first, the remaining 6 stations in the second), and then sending the calls to a hunt group that alternates between the two coverage answer groups.

Susan
"'I wish life was not so short,' he thought. 'Languages take such a time, and so do all the things one wants to know about.'"
- J. R. R. Tolkien, The Lost Road

Thanks for all the suggestions.
My solution will be to install an analog phone in the room with that extension number. I will put all the phones in a pickup group. When the phone rings, someone in the room presses "call pickup". When that person answers the call, they own it. The analog line is then available for another call. I tried it here in the switch room and it works.

If you use this Analog line - what happens if two people ring it at the same time?

Jake

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back