Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

All Word toolbar invisible 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

EvilCabal

Programmer
Jul 11, 2002
CA
Hey,

I have a computer here on witch word is most unusable because no toolbar are visible (not even the menu one). I have tried all possible shorcut keys without success. I even disinstalled office and reinstalled it from scratch but got the same problem. What is going on?

First try pressing alt/v and then letter u.

Failing that, make sure Word is closed (You can End-Task it if you like). The go to Start, Run and type
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office\Winword.exe /a
click OK I don't particularly care about apathy

Using C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office\Winword.exe /a to start Word will allow you to identify if your problem is caused by a feature such as an add-in or alteration through global template but it will not provide you with a solution as it merely allows you to load Word without loading any add-ins, global templates etc. When you quit Word, you will still have the same problem. Have a look at Microsoft knowledge base article 242368. It has details of how to reset the registry values to return to their default settings.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back