Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

All Transfer Softkeys grayed out

Status
Not open for further replies.

ErrorMagnet

Technical User
Mar 21, 2006
NO
This is a CCM4.2(3). Users suddenly started reporting problems transferring calls. I find Transfer Softkeys grayed out on every IP Phone checked. Have verified that MaxNumCalls=2 or more and og BusyTrigger=1 for every IP Phone.

Suggestions about what to check next?

Increase the MaxNumCalls=2 to 5; I have come across this problem before myself, I increased that number and it fixed the problem.

Dallas, Texas
Telecommunications
CCNA, Net+
Working on MCSA, Convergence+, CCVP

This happens because you need 3 paths from the Phone , 1 for the calling party, one for the called party and one to call the person that you will transfer to.

Thanks to both DallasBPF and pndscm. But i tried that increase MaxNumCalls from 4 to 5 for two LAB phones, and that didn't help. Could this probl be MTP-related?

Now you have me stumped, because when I was experiencing this problem I increased the # of lines and it stopped having problems. Just for pure curiousity, try putting 10 lines in the MaxNumCalls on the lab phone and see what it does.

Dallas, Texas
Telecommunications
CCNA, Net+
Working on MCSA, Convergence+, CCVP

Does the transfer key ever come up? Is there a wait time issue. I have seen this issue and we had to shorten the interdigit timeout value....

[americanflag] Spc NVARNG
Tek-TIP Member 19,650

If I remember you also need to be aware of any DN on multiple phones as the busy trigger is per line across all phones not per device

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back