Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

All the buttons going to one number ? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

PWCircuits

Technical User
Jun 23, 2012
US
On our hipath 3000 system we have a opti point 500 entry phone in reception and I'd like to program it so all the buttons ring the same number - now if I use manager c and set the first button to repdial switchboard & then try to set the second button to do the same it makes the first button set to 'vacant'. So can I over ride this? I understand why they've set it like that but at the same time it's pretty rubbish that they've set it like that!

thank you

Well it does not make sense really to use up all the buttons to dial one number.
Could you replace it with a phone that has fewer buttons?
Could you leave the other buttons 'vacant' or use them for some other purpose?

it's in reception, where visitors come in, so I was just thinking if they do need to phone someone it's only reception. It's the most basic model of phone so the minimum number of buttons.

Might try and sent up a hunt group and see if you can have that listed multiple times.

But thanks for your reply =)

Why don't you just set up a hotline destination and set the phone to ringdown to that destination as soon as someone picks up the handset? That saves a lot of aggravation and is what I do for all of my customer assistance phones that I don't want them to be able to dial out on. Any other phones I put in public areas I have restricted to local calls only. Plus you don't have to go out and buy phones that don't have keypads on them, which is also one less spare you have to keep on the shelf.

Yes I would suggest a Hotline setup as well for this application

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back