Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

All Steps Run.. Package Dose not Run ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

u104741

MIS
Aug 26, 2003
GB
I have a problem in a DTS package that i cant narrow down.

Basiccally my package has two main steps in it both are Active X script tasks that use ado to maniuplalte and transform some data. If i open the package right click each task and run just that task they both execute just fine.

But as soon as i try and run the whole package one of the steps fails with an "unSpecified Error".

I want the first Active X script task to do its thing then on Completion run the second Active X script task.

Hope someone can help me.. Im sure i am missing something real simple... being new to DTS ...

JJ

Is one task dependent on the other to finish or can they both run in parallel? OR ... do you have a precedence constaint in between them (ie. a work flow)?

Thanks

J. Kusch

I want The first task to fully complete before the second one kicks off as they rely on the same data.

I have tried both the on Success and On Completion to run the first Task then the second. But get the same error.

I have also tried to execute via VBScript the second task.. from within the first but then, interestingly, both tasks fail when I run the Package... but if I run the first Task that includes the code below only the Second Task will fail...

Along the lines of;

Set myPkg = DTSGlobalVariables.Parent
set myStep = myPkg.Steps("DTSStep_DTSActiveScriptTask_4")
myStep.ExecutionStatus = DTSStepExecStat_Waiting

Hope that malkes some sense I am not enirely sure what the difference is between a task and a step...

Hope you can help me some more...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back