Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

All right side LEDs blinking on Compaq DLT40 tape drive

Status
Not open for further replies.

zaccaz

MIS
Aug 10, 2005
HK
Hi there, got a Compaq DLT40/80 tape drive, it used to be OK, but today backup job can't be finished & all right side LEDs blinking. I killed the job & stop BackupExec services, press the eject button & lucky enough to eject the tape. Then turned off both server & tape drive, detached scsi cable & reconnected & powered on everything, right after power on the tape drive, all right side LEDs blinking again.

Tried the basic health check test, the left side LEDs works accordingly to the BHC test (top 4 density LEDs blinking steadily for 5 secs & return to their original stage) so I assumed it passed the BHC test.

As all right side LEDs still blinking after several reboot, can I assumed this DLT tape drive got hardware failure?

Or is there any other tricks to test? Many thanks!

The problem could be the drive isn't getting the necessary amount of voltage and current needed. Or that the drive could have overheated. Or third, one of your motors could have gone out on you (Supply or Take-up Reel). If you need to have it evaluated and repaired, call Campbell Technical. Their number is 800-474-8399. They offer free evaluations.

The right side lights blinking indicate that the drive has swallowed the leader.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back