Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

All Public Folder SMTP mail comes as a POST item. 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 16, 2002
A1
I know that this is by design and people have written the work around using the event sync described on MS note Q292484.

Anyone use a 3rd party fix?

Who's works and how much $?

Depending on the purpose of the public folder, you could set up a resource mailbox to receive the mail.

Has anyone found a way to enumerate through any existing messages in a folder and apply this script for pre-existing mail?

Copy the messages to another folder or PST then back to the folder. It will process them.

I tried that first.

I have tested new mail and the script fires when it deposits it into the public folder. But when I move (or copy) the message to my temp folder (both pst and exchange server) and then move it back to the monitored folder it continues to be a post.

Strange.

Make sure that your services are running with no errors in the event log, is it working for new messages in that folder? This process worked for me on my server. Also ontact the guy that wrote it, he is pretty helpful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back