Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ALL Prompt in Webi

Status
Not open for further replies.

binway

MIS
Nov 9, 2003
AU
Hi Team,
I am using Webi 6 to create my reports. I have created prompts in my Universe with the All functionality as described:
(@Select(Sales Geography\Country Group) IN @Prompt('Select Country Group or
enter * for all groups','a','Sales Geography\Country Group',multi,free) ) OR
('*' in @Prompt('Select Country Group or enter * for all groups','a','Sales
Geography\Country Group',multi,free))

The prompts are dragged into the filter area of the "Edit Query" section of Webi. They work fine. But the prompt ordering window in the properties tab of Edit Query does not display any of my prompts hence my prompt ordering is not what the user requires - actually it seems to jump all over the place. It does not follow what order they are in the Universe or in the filter pane. If Icreate the prompts in the report instead of the Universe then the ordering functionality works but I cannot seem to get the ALL functionality to work. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Regards

Wayne

This is a real problem, there's no workaround. You can only order webi-prompts (only when using lists of values!) in your query-window. Predefined conditions from your universe aren't to be ordered. Except for cascading prompts that is...

Thanks jobjoris.
I went to the website that the great skrandel refers to sometimes and looked up Prompt order not working in Webi. It is pretty long thread but the solution as copird from there is:
Not sure if this 'bug' has been resolved yet but here is my solution which is different to adding in a number before each prompt such as 1.Prompt, 2.Prompt which some people have already suggested. I hope this helps some of you.

When using prompts from the universe, WebI decides to order the universe-created prompts alphabetically no matter how you order them in the Edit Query panel. If you do ad-hoc prompts from the report, you can order them by using WebI's inbuilt prompt ordering feature. You cannot do this with Universe created filter object prompts.

The neat trick to sort universe prompts in the order that you want them is to add the prompts into the query filter panel ONE AT A TIME and run the report each time you add one.

For example, if i wanted the prompts

Employee ID
Address
Phone No
Hobbies

then i'll add in Employee ID, run the report and then go back into edit the query and add the Address prompt then run the report then go back into edit the query then add the Phone No prompt and run the report and so on and so forth. I've tested this in the edit report panel as well as the InfoView panel in WebI 6.1b and this seems to work like a charm So to sum it all up, add each prompt incrementally!

ps. You can order ad-hoc prompts created in the report (by dragging the objects into the Query Filter panel) by using WebI's in built prompt ordering feature available under the Properties tab when in the Edit Query mode but this won't show Filter Objects (which contain a @Select statement to the prompt object) from the universe

I have done this in my reports and it works. Points to note are that they will appear in the correct orderwhen you run them from edit query - but when you run it from the web page they will be in the reverse order eg you will see the last one created first.

Thanks for the input.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back