Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

All outside lines engaged 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zelandakh

MIS
Mar 12, 1999
GB
UPS failed on our Definity. Very dirty shutdown. Managed to get the server up and internal calls work as do incoming calls. But all outbound calls give engaged tone.

Do I need to busy out the trunk?

Anyone got any thoughts - including syntax?

Definity V4 (yes, I know I need to upgrade).

what is the status of your outgoing trunks,and which type they are?

See if there are any alarms, also check the physical card in the pbx see if there are any red lights (same thing I know...)

Usually you have to busy the trunk groups out(on PRI) and release them again.If that does not work do the same with your signalling.
a status trunk and a status sig should show you whats the status..
They might be stuck on the far end, so if all fails have the telco reset them at their end as well.

busyout trunk 1
release trunk 1

hmm, system works but it didnt take long.

busyout trunk 1. Takes fag break. Returns. release trunk 1.

Breathes large sigh of relief and gives star to telcoguy. I knew it was easy, I just couldnt recall the syntax.

IF it was a messy shutdown it doesn't hurt to do a gracefull shutdown to clear out any errors. Actually the shutdown part doesn't matter, what matters if the system went all the way down and when it was coming back up if it had good power. Usually Avaya pbx gets corruption if when coming up, it gets another 'brown out" or never goes down all the way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back