Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

all or specify

Status
Not open for further replies.

leburg

Programmer
Feb 15, 2006
US
I have a table of string data, well, they are actually numbers like 105 106 107... however they are stored as strings. I wish to create a parameter to allow specified selections and also provide an 'all' option. If all is picked the report runs on all of the entries in the table, 105 106 107... but if 105 106 is choosen then the report runs on only 105 106.

Thought I did this before but my brain has been on vacation.

Anyone?

Set up the parameter as a string parameter that accepts multiple values, and after you add your list of values, add "All" to the list. Then in your record selection formula, use:

(
(
{?Parameter} <> "All" and
{table.string}={?Parameter}
) or
{?Parameter}="All"
)

Instruct the use in the prompt text to choose one of more options or choose "All" for all values.

-LB

Thank you LB for your input, it is most appreciated. You the man. I came up with a very similar method once my brain kicked into gear...

(if {?custnum} = "all" then {Customer.customer} <> {?custnum} else {Customer.customer} = {?custnum})

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back