Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

All of my E-mail addresses are gone!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 18, 2005
US
I was creating a backup of Goldmine, and all of my e-mail files were deleted. I'm not sure how this happened, since I never singled out the e-mails. Is it possible I unwittingly moved them to some file? The e-mails must have been deleted before or while the backup was being created, since the e-mail fields are also blank in the backup.

I still have the e-mail addresses in the History portion of the contacts... is there any way to either import the e-mail address from History to the e-mail field, or to find the e-mail addresses that were deleted? Any help or advice would REALLY be appreciated!

Thanks,
Constance

Constance

When you say your email files are missing, do you mean that you have the history entry for the email however when you select an email you get an error saying the email body is not available?

What version of GM are you running?

Jason Wienert
Brisbane, Australia
GoldMine, Avaya, ACCPAC CRM

Hi Jason,

No... I mean that I can still open the history entry and the e-mail text body is still there, but the e-mail field for each entry is empty, so I'm unable to send out group e-mail unless I re-input all the e-mail addresses into the e-mail field. I can view the e-mail addresses from the history entries, however, so I still have the address information. I'm wondering if there's any way I can get the e-mail addresses back into the proper e-mail field without having to type them all in individually. I'm running GM 6.5.

Thanks for your help!

-Constance

Email addresses are details records. If you look at the details tab in GoldMine do any of your contacts have any other records there, things like websites etc?

Jason Wienert
Brisbane, Australia
GoldMine, Avaya, ACCPAC CRM

Hi,

Get a utility called BR7, open the contsupp.dbf file and see whether there are any entries marked with DEL and refering emails addresses. Only works if you have not done a maintenance.

if they are there, you can undelete...if there are no enbtries whatsoever referring to the email affress, problem. Do you have an older backup of just the database? If so, restore that one somewhere else, re-atatch and see if see if the email addresses are there. If they are, do an xml expport, with the accountno ad emaill filed (if using add contacts, do those as well), then import the XML matching on the accountno.

Jay

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back