Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

all ip phones rebooting at once when i log in a home user?

Status
Not open for further replies.

nothingworks101

Programmer
Aug 14, 2008
US
when I try to log in a home user (96xx)connected to an ASA using a vpn all the users phones(mostly 9630's) in office restart??? I tried 4 times and all 4 times all the users phones reboot. the ip 500 isn't rebooting just phones?

the system is ip 500 v2 release 9 sp 4

not sure how one thing can cause the other??? is there anything in the monitor trace I should be looking at, or does this sound more like a network issue?

duplicate ip address will cause this. run wireshark on the office network to track phone mac and ip addresses.

Did you logged off the phones when do you leave de office?
I got this on 1608 phones and when the users do not logged out and tried to log on using the same user, the extension reboots.

Cesar Romani
Avaya ACSS | APSS (SME/Data)| ACIS (Data)
Comptia Convergence +

no, all the phones were logged in a running, I was at a remote site. setup a vpn on a cisco asa. plugged phone in and tried to log in. my phone wouldn't log in and rebooted then I found out all the office phones rebooted at same time. it happened 2 times, then I waited a few hours to make sure they all remained on till I tried again and the same thing happened again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back