Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

All indicator lights not working

Status
Not open for further replies.

glenmetz

IS-IT--Management
Jul 24, 2012
US
I have no explanation why, but our indicator lights for new VM messages are not working on any of our phones. I've checked the forums here, any way to diagnose this easily?

Good question. Call Pilot. I can login to the Call Pilot admin console via HTTP. Users are getting to the VM system by pressing the message button on the phone. The indicator light just isn't workinig.

My first thought is to reboot the Call Pilot after hours.

I thought about rebooting it. Sadly, off hours for me is anywhere from around midnight-5:30AM.

I don't understand the comment about lighting a user with a MIC key.

It's actually a MIK key, not MIC. You put a MIK and a MCK key on any telephone and see if you can light the light. Once you have defined the MIK key on a phone you press it while on hook, dial the ext# you want to light the light on and then press the key again. If you look at the phone the MW indicator should be on. Then press the MCK key, dial the ext # and press the MCK key again to turn it off.

The MIK and MCK key set up will tell you basically if it is a PBX problem or a Call Pilot problem.

Thanks folks. A reboot took care of the issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back