Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

all images open in black and white

Status
Not open for further replies.

gums

Programmer
Aug 20, 2002
GB
I previously had ps6 installed on my Mac, it was fine until is started opening images in black and white, even though all obvious settings were on RGB etc. All images are like this, until you got to print preview or change to image ready. Even the colour pallettes are coming up in greyscale, when the should be colour. I have since removed ps6 and installed ps7, but the problem is still there!

Anyone got any ideas? is there a setting to only view in greyscale? but actually be working in colour?

Hi,

I've never heard of this before nor do I really have any suggestions, but try to reset the preferences and that might work: FAQ229-2082

Hope this helps!
greenjumpy.gif
NATE
design@spyderix-designz.com

Thanks for your reply,

I have tried this already (working on a mac) and deleted the preferences files, still opens in black and white. I have tried removing photoshop and reinstalling it, deleting and mention of photoshop from the mac, and it still doesn't work!

I have run out of ideas on this now.

Thanks again for you help.

Lewis.

What is your hardware/ram? Is photoshop receiving enough allocated RAM?

It would appear so- there is no mention of being out of memory.

if you jump to image ready, the colours are viewable, likewise when you save optimized as; the preview is also in colour.

Gums

Can you see color at all from other applications...web browser, word etc or does this seem to be a problem with photoshop only?

much luck

Please specify what model of Mac, monitor and RAM. I have just seen some weird stuff happen on an iBook that may be related.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back