Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

all graphics print black boxes

Status
Not open for further replies.

basicbill2222

Technical User
Sep 18, 2002
CA
Hi,
Running MS Word 2003 and this morning I tried to print a document. All graphics boxes print black. Big black squares.

Originally created on MS Word 2000 and trying to print from Word 2003

Any thoughts?
tia,
Bill W.

Have you looked at your Printer Settings?

Skip,
[sub]
[glasses] [red]Be advised:[/red] When you ignite a firecracker in a bowl of vanilla, chocolate & strawberry ice cream, you get...
Neopolitan Blownapart! [tongue][/sub]

Hey Skip,
I checked all printer settings and there is nothing out of the ordinary.

The graphics show up nicely on the computer screen but are black boxes when printed.

I used an alternate wordprocessor to view and print the document for testing purposes. OpenOffice would open and print the document with no problems.

Can you think of anything else?

Thanks again,
Bill W.

In Tools - Options - Compatibility - check that Print colors as black on noncolor printers is not checked.

Check Tools_Options, on the Print tab, check Drawing Objects in the section labled [Include with Document].

This should allow you to print normal (see if all is OK in Print Preview already).

If this does not help:
Open word 2003 and Insert_File, then put the Word 2000 document in.

If not, you need to change one of your printer settings related to graphics.

Eman_2005
Technical Communicator

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back