Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

All circuits are busy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mountainbear

Programmer
Sep 27, 2009
CA
What does this mean? I have not made any changes but have started to notice this message "all circuits are busy now, please try again later". I have checked and it is from the phone system.

That simply means that the system cannot complete the call - for example when you're trying to dial an external call and the trunk is unavailable or busy.

as ucxguy said, it could be that all of your trunks are being utilized with other calls. when the system attempts to send a call out and there is no trunk to send the call to, you'll get this message. this could also indicate a problem with your outbound routing (as I've experienced!), but if you've made no changes to your config, then it's more than likely #1. good luck!

Is your situation intermittent or on every attempt?? I had an issue the other day where I could not receive calls but could make internal and outside calls. My other SIP trunk worked fine inbound and outbound. So I recycled the power and it cleared it up.

Voice Connect Plus, Inc.
have a great day and a better tomorrow

A power reset cleared it up. It was constant on every call.

I have been experiencing this a little more frequent lately. Opened a ticket and still unable to resolve issue. I completely deleted all sip trunk configurations and remnants thereof. I then routed trunk to different server through voip.ms web portal and added trunks via the ucx gui trunk provider and it would not accept the new server tampa.voip.ms. It would only populate the old server dallas.voip.ms. Unable to wipe it clean.. Go figure:)

Voice Connect Plus, Inc.

On the Trunk Providers edit page, you can select the check box "Details" to view/edit details. There you have a field called "Host" - just change the contents of that field from "dallas.voip.ms" to "tampa.voip.ms" and save the settings. Go figure:)

From your post, that was not clear at all. Are you saying that you
- go to the Trunk Providers page
- click on the Edit link for your VoIP.ms account
- check Details
- modify the text dallas.voip.ms to tampa.voip.ms
- press the Save button
and that after all this the Host field is still dallas.voip.ms? That would be really weird.

Yeah I quess I wasn't real clear on that. I did change that in trunk provider and it kept bouncing back. After some persistence it did accept change, however it would not register. Today I tried it again and it did register but all my incoming calls were being routed to my failover destination. Outgoing no issues. I recycled the power on the ucx and the calls began to ring but not at designated extension. I recycled the power on the extension and now calls ring through. But this was the same issue prior to changing servers. I looked at the support logs prior to recycling power and it read this.
[May 17 09:28:42] NOTICE[3243] chan_sip.c: Failed to authenticate device "XXXXXXXXX" <sip:XXXXXXXXXX@68.233.226.97>;tag=as6a322b3c
Once I recycled power, call come through.

Voice Connect Plus, Inc.

Another trick to try is to build a Sub-Account in your voip.ms User Portal and change the Registration to that portal instead of the UCx. Then, go back and change it to UCx and check the Registration status. This should force a re-registration. When you do the system reboot via power cycle, you are basically "tearing down" the path between the voip.ms server and the UCx which recovers after the system is back up.

Stocking Distributor for E-Metrotel

Hey Ucxguy, thanks for all the input. After stripping everything down and reassigning to different server, I was able to get the trunk re-registered with other server on the ucx. My issues for the most part appear to have cleared up. Still getting break up now and then though...

Voice Connect Plus, Inc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back