Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

All Circuits are busy - Database

Status
Not open for further replies.

Icarealot

IS-IT--Management
Dec 19, 2013
US
One of my clients changed carriers recently. The new carrier is a SIP provider. A call was attempted from a copper line from Verizon to the SIP provider. The caller hears "All Circuits are busy". Same caller uses cell phone and gets in no problem. I called from my Comcast line and get to SIP service no problem. I call with Cell and Comcast and Broadview at the same time and get in with no problem. It seems that calls from Verizon to SIP provider are not making it. Tried with 1 and no 1 prefix. Tried 10 times from Verizon line - same recording. Is it possible that the Verizon database is not populated with the phone number from new carrier. The phone number is 50 years old. The receiving PBX is Asterisk Free PBX.

I would start by contacting Verizon. I don't think it's very likely that you're going to debug, and fix, a possible problem with their internal network or their connections to other entities. You may be able to collect a lot of symptoms, which will help, but it sounds like you will need Verizon to actually diagnose and truly fix the issue.

Or contact the new carrier with the issue. I'm sure they don't want to have services that they host limited to non-Verizon customers. They have a monetary interest in fixing any problems getting to them.

Prob all your info has not propagated through out all the LECS networks. I imagine the side that is cut off is giving you the all circuits are busy through POTS lines but cell carriers have updated data and routes the call appropriately. I have seen this before other types of lines. I can't remember the exact terminology but it's def a LEC issue. The new carrier needs the info to go out and let everyone know to route the calls from the LEC's to the new carrier and not the dead end at the old carrier.

Clint Polley

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back