Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

All calls internal or external costed

Status
Not open for further replies.

wolf2blue

IS-IT--Management
Oct 3, 2005
US
Hi,
We are on an Option 11 and we have a need to track all calls to or from a particular analog extension. My first thought was to use the Telecom Billing System but I cannot figure out how to turn on the costing feature for all calls not just external calls in or out. This extension receives and makes very few calls no more than 2 or 3 a month.

Any help would be appreciated
Thank you.

To have internal calls logged, you need to enable the CLS = ICDA (Internal Call Detail Allowed)

There are a number of ways to do this, but one simple way is to have one of your TTY ports set up as CDR. For the Option 11 systems, this was usually TTY port 2 although other ports can be used.

As you currently have some CDR software, then you might be able to find an option to log all calls from the one extension.

Firebird Scrambler
Nortel Meridian 1 / Succession and BCM / Norstar Programmer in the UK
Advance knowledge on BCM support

Many costing systems will not have the option to cost an internal call as they are essentially "free". So even if that was available to add, you would just be putting in your own made up costs anyway.

Thanks for the fast reply FirebirdScrambler and trvlr1.
Currently our costing data is being written to a MDR2000 and the TBS collects the data then cost it. I am not sure how to tell what TTY port the MDR2000 is on. The connector is labeled port 2 and it is going into cabinet 0.
Will just enabling the CLS = ICDA allow the output to go that same MDR2000 or do I need to set another option?
I am not concerned about the actual cost I just need a way to report all calls and the TBS seems to have more than enough info.
Thanks again.

ICDA will start your internal call records going to the same TTY as the MDR2000.
But you need to be aware that the MDR2000 could be configured to throw out internal call records.

Check out these threads.
thread798-1639875
thread798-1237212

Thanks StanleySteamer,
Is there a way to tell if that is the case?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back