Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

All call forward problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 7, 2003
US
I would like to set an extension to forward directly to a helpdesk. I am able to forward all calls on the extension, but when i put in the number (918881112222) it will take the number the first 12, 9 for the outside line and 11 for the number), but when I add the extension(4 digits), it won't take the numbers. I get the error "The entered data cannot use in this system (Error 0x0012)" The help says that you can put up to 24 characters, and that is only 15.

Any suggestions?

The number of digits is programmed into the system so it will not have to wait for a timeout before realising you have finished dialling. Are you able to log on and check?

First question is What system have you got? If it's the small office system (ie not an IMG,IMX or IPX) and are you accustomed to MOC mode? If so Cmd 85Y where the Y is your area development pattern number (usually 0)De area code De should display how many digits for that code. Another question is why do you want to enter more digits than the norm anyway? Why are you entering an extension number after the FNN?

First question is What system have you got?[/color red] The system is an NEC 2400 IMX
If it's the small office system (ie not an IMG,IMX or IPX) and are you accustomed to MOC mode? If so Cmd 85Y where the Y is your area development pattern number (usually 0)De area code De should display how many digits for that code.[/color red] I am only familiar with the matworx.

Another question is why do you want to enter more digits than the norm anyway? Why are you entering an extension number after the FNN?[/color red] I would like people to be able to choose a quick dial selection (through a phone tree) that is forwarded to a helpdesk. This number is a phone number (12 digits) and the extension (4 digits).

Jim possibly can be done using a system speed dial with pauses but I doubt it can be done simply from a call forward. If you want to try messing with the number of dialable digits the commands are amnd and annd the first being the max digits and the second being the minimum.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back