Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

All browsers causing system crash

Status
Not open for further replies.

zebot

Technical User
Sep 24, 2001
US
Win98se=this is prob some new kind of trojan. Attempts to open IE6 or firefox immediately cause BSOD with 'fatal exception: 0D has occcured at 0000:00010000. Ran norton a/v, avast, adaware spybot, none of them have found ANYTHING. So far, all other programs seem fine, Im puzzled. WIndows explorer works, if i dont run the scroll bar very fast=which causes it to crash too. Read on about new trojan/spyware entering thru SUnJava while browsing with Firefox. (a neat little security warning box pops up and before you know it, youve got spyware) I dont recall ever seeing that, and I dont even use this box to access web, it only runs my ISP software, nor do I access email thru windows.
Any ideas appreciated, Ive never seen anything like this.
tony aka zebot

thanks for the links, have run sev progs and removed 3 trojans so far, can access web again now, thankfully. I have hijack this log, but didnt know how to read or where to post it.
THKS
tony aka zebot

You're welcome.

If you're now able to access the Internet, then your virus problem may be solved.

But if you want to make sure that your system is also spyware free, post the HJ log at the link in my previous post.
Others will interpret its contents, and let you know what to delete.

Finally, always make sure to update all AV and spyware programs regularly.

thanks ski , will do that
zebot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back