Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

All Backup Jobs Slow

Status
Not open for further replies.

LTCRoc

Technical User
Dec 9, 2003
US
We are using Backup Exec 8.6 on a 2k server box. All of our backup jobs are running slower than the standard at other offices. They max out at about 120mb/min. They are slow on all of our servers(Novell and Windows). the backup agents are running on all of the servers. It is even slow when backuping up a local disk on the backup server(was 1300mb/min, now it's 120mb/min).

120mb/min was the norm around here until last Halloween when a bad tape was causing SCSI errors. We re-discovered the devices in Backup Exec and that fixed our problem and bumped our speed up to the normal 500mb/min. But after a separate network change done in November when we shut down and rebooted the server we are back down to a slow 120mb/min.

Anyone have any suggestions

Hi

Check to see if you are set to Auto Auto in the servers that you are backing up I have found that they must be set to the same speed as the Back Up server..

e.g 100 Full on all boxes and making sure the switch is set to 100 full on the ports in question

Rgds

Paul

Hello LTCRoc,

Did you ever manage to fix your Veritas problem?

Well it fixed itself again, I ran an unchecduled backup job and that ran at the higher speed. So my motto now is "don't touch it"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back