Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Aligning menus???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gow

Technical User
Aug 29, 2000
GB
Hello People...

I have a problem trying to align a menu on the right of the menu bar... I cant do it :-D

I have a File & Edit menu on the left of the bar, and i want to put an About menu on the far right...

i have tried looking in the help files, but i cant find any reference on how to do this...
I have tried searching MSDN using all the words i can think of that may have any relavence to aligning menus, but to no avail....
If anybody knows how it is done i would be greatfull for any pointers...

Thanks for your help...

Gow

I've never done this, but I found the follwoing in MSDN (see KB Q86772) :

It is possible to right justify top-level menu items by including a CHR$(8) (backspace) as the first character of the caption for the left-most menu that you want to appear on the right side of the menu bar.

(Yeah, CHR$ is Visual Basic but this is a \b in C++).

BTW, MS recommends not doing this, for various reasons which are mentioned in the KB article... :) Hope that this helped! ;-)

The CHR$(8) did not work and i could not find the artical you are refering to...
it is not in MSDN that i am using (I think mine is the latest one)...
Can anybody else help with this problem???

Thanks

Gow

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back